Lenguage

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Simple future




What is the simple future tense?

The simple future tense describes a time of an action in the future. This tense of any verb has two parts, one is the present form of the verb of “To be” [shall, will] another is the infinitive without “to”. Here is describe how to make and use it.


How to use the simple future tense?


We can use the simple future to talk about future facts, prediction for future events, requests, willingness, promises.


we are talking about future facts.


  • I will go to Dhaka tomorrow.
  • The train will leave at seven o'clock.
  • Will you go now?


we are talking about prediction for future.


  • I think he will pass the examination this year.
  • It will rain tomorrow.
  • May be she will come to me again.

we are talking about requests.


  • Will you give me a pen?
  • Will you tell me please?


we are talking about promises.

  • I will never disturb you.
  • I will give up smoking.


Formation of simple future tense.


Person/number Affirmative Interrogative Negative
1st person/singular I will/shall eat rice. Shall/will I eat rice? I will/shall not eat rice.
2nd person/singular You will eat rice. Will you eat rice? You will not eat rice.
3rd person/singular He/she will eat rice. Will he/she eating rice? He/she will not eat rice.
1st person/plural We shall/will eat rice. Shall/will we eat rice? We Shall/will not eat rice.
2nd person/plural You will eat rice. Will you eat rice? You will not eat rice.
3rd person/plural They will eat rice. Will they eat rice? They will not eat rice.


Note: We can use “shall” with We and I to make an offer or suggestion, but in the modern English shall is dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment